Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Script: DARK BAY TWO (page 2 of 6)




I got a little 'arty' with the panel layouts for this, but not as arty as I'd hope an actual artist would render this. As will a lot of the 'talky' stuff I write, as long as it's clear who is talking the art can focus on whatever it likes. Hence the dog in the foreground of two panels, and all the one-picture-across-multiple-panels stuff. The script intentionally makes no direction how these pages should be drawn.

Page TWO
Sal(ly) talking to the newspaper woman, Margaret in Margaret's house.

2/1
When did the paper close?
Mid-Eightes.

2/2
I used to write for it
Oh?

2/3
Had to do something with all that education I got at Uni. Shame it closed.

2/4
I could spend weeks looking through this.
Years.

2/5
Is it okay if I send someone else over to look through this?
Sure. Who you have in mind.

2/6
There's a new cop in town, Margaret. And he's about to learn that real police work is unbelievably boring.

Continued soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment