Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Script: DARK BAY TWO (page 1 of 6)



The scripts have got less and less structured as Dark Bay goes along. My current method is to write dialogue in a text file, then edit as I put it into the comic layout program. Editing is usually in the form of massive cuts and edits, reducing the amount of words in each frame and tightening up the speech. But for the sake of completeness I'll included a revised script page to act as a companion to each page.

I've been busy writing a silly parody comic for my own amusement, which will probably find its way onto the blog in the future.

There's a full-sized London KEA's rugby jersey being made as I type, and it looks great. So the epic project that is the Utterly Rucked almost-comic inches ever closer.

Page ONE

Looking at (not through) old newspapers in the old librarian's house.
Find what you're looking for, Sal?
No. But then I don't know what I'm looking for.

Something to solve a fifty year old murder I guess.

You remember anything odd from those days?
Like what?

Like someone going missing?
My brother ran of to Sydney in '74.

No, someone who was never seen again.
Doesn't ring a bell. Not around then. But I was just a kid.

Continued tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment