Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Script: Over There (5 of 5)



The final part of the script. If anyone out there wants to give me comments, advice, criticisms about this script I would be grateful. If anyone wants to do something with it--draw it, buy it, etc.--I would be even more grateful.

Page NINE

9/1
A two-bubble speech bubble for the boy.
Boy: “Is that what I should do?” “Follow orders.”
Sarge: “Hell no!”

9/2
Sarge: “We’re just plastic toys with no brains. Of course we follow orders. That doesn’t make it a clever thing to do.”

9/3
Boy: “So I should take you guys?”

9/4
Sarge: “Just take me.”

9/5
Boy: “You! But of all my toys I wouldn’t want to lose you.”
Sarge: “That’s why you won’t. You’ll keep me safe.”


Page TEN

10/1
Boy: “You don’t mind going?”
Sarge: “No. I like to travel. I came from China originally, you know.”

10/2
Boy: “I know. It’s printed on your base.

10/3
“Really? Anything else down there?
“No. It just says ‘Made in China’.”

10/4
The boy placing the sergeant back with his squad. The squad greeting the Sarge.
Soldier 1: "Hey, Sarge!"
Soldier 3: "Welcome back, Sarge."

10/5
Soldier 2 (Charlie): “How’d it go?”
Sarge: “We got air support, Charlie. We got air support ..."

10/6
The Sarge in close up.
Sarge: " ... and I'm getting some R&R in London for my troubles."

###END###

No comments:

Post a Comment