Thursday, June 11, 2009

Superman's lemon-scented demise



I like cooking. It can be a very creative and satisfying experience, taking a bunch of raw ingredients and turning them into something yummy.

I picked up my cooking skills slowly, over time. I got the basics at home as a kid, gained confidence when I managed not to poison anyone while flatting, and when I got married I was shown a number of new skills, and given wider scope for my cooking. My wife is a superb cook and allows me to indulge my culinary curiosities, unless they involve coriander or zucchini.

I like cooking. But I hate dishes. I think dirty dishes are my kyrptonite.

Losing strength ... suds invading every pore ... can't go on ... lemony smell overpowering ... *gurgle* ...

... food clinging to pots and pans ... can't scrub it off ... must use rubber gloves to save the world from greasy buildup...

... must dry plates before all is lost ...*urgh* ... can this be the end? ...

... if only we had a dishwasher ... where's the Flash when you need him? ... where do all these dishes come from? ... surely some evil super-villain is behind their creation ... the bubbles! the bubbles! ...

... noooooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment