Monday, July 26, 2010

Character Development ONE (3 of 7)



I'm writing episode 20 of this at the moment (it has sheep jokes), and I have to say the early episodes are less funny than the later ones. I guess it's a good thing that I feel it gets better as it goes. The other way around would be disheartening. The pacing, banter, and even the layout improve. So if you ever make it to the later episodes, you can tell me if I'm right or wrong.

I wrote this one with interlacing dialogues, and while it worked in my head I was not so sure it worked in practice. The reader has to work in this episode (sorry). So then I tried to rewrite, but realized I'd used so many of the ideas in this episode as plot hooks in later ones that it was going to be hard. I tried separating the conversations, but that just made it boring. So I bit my tongue and went with it as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment