Monday, March 22, 2010

Script: AFTER, story six

Okay, so LIFE has got the better of me lately. I'll get back to regular posting as soon as I can.

AFTER
Story Six
Shell Game
by David Tulloch and (your name here)


Disclaimer: Like anything I write, the panel breakdowns are just suggestions. If you want to group some panels together so there are multiple speech bubbles, or break them apart so there are more panels with less words, feel free. Layout suggestions are just that. You're the artist, feel free to play with the layout.

Page ONE
The whole episode takes place in a prison visitor meeting room. Pete and Connie, from previous episodes (Great Expectation and Fish). The security is low, touching and exchanging of (previously inspected) material is allowed. It's a kind, friendly kind of prison. Even the chairs look comfortable.

1/1
TITLES
AFTER
Story Six
Shell Game

by David Tulloch and (your name here)
Pete: "So how was the beach?"
Connie: "Wet. Like you said."

1/2
Connie: "How ya doing?"
Pete: "I'm coping. It's not that bad in here. Three squares a day."

1/3
Connie: "How long?"
Pete: "Don't know. It depends on me, they say."


Page TWO


2/1
Connie: "At least it's your first time, so ... "
Pete: "Second. Got done for dealing weed back before."

2/2
Connie: "Does that count these days?"
Pete: "Maybe not. I just have to show I'm reformed."

2/3
Connie: "How's the guy you ... you know?"

2/4
Pete: "He's fine. Had a black eye when he pointed me out in court ... and his arm in a sling. But he's fine."

2/5
Silent and awkward pause.

2/6
Pete: "You shouldn't have come."
Connie: "It's okay .. I checked. He only fingered you."


Page THREE


3/1
Pete: "That's not why."

3/2
another pause.

3/3
Connie: "Look, it's not that I don't care ... "
Pete: "Yeah, yeah. You love me like a brother or something."

3/4
Connie: "No ... more than that."
Pete: "How much more, Connie? That's the question."


Page FOUR


4/1
Connie: "I got you something."
(Connie hands over the handmade necklace of a shell on a string that she had been wearing in the Go Fish episode)

4/2
Pete looks at it in his hand.
Pete: "Thanks."
Connie: "All the fun of the ocean without getting wet. You can put it to you ear."

4/3
Pete does so.

4/4
Pete looking a Connie.
Pete: "I never could figure you out."
Connie: "I've never figured me out, either."


Page FIVE

5/1
Pete: "Do I have a shot with you?"
Connie: "A shot at what? "

5/2
Pete: "Yeah. I guess that's a stupid question."

5/3
Pete: "The game's rigged isn't it."
Connie: "What game?"

5/4
Pete: "Every game, Connie. I never seem to know where to find anything."


Page SIX

6/1
Pete: "Looking for love in all the wrong places."
Connie: "Huh? That's deep for you, Pete."

6/2
Pete: "It's from a song. My father was really into country music."
Connie: "He was taken?"

6/3
Pete: "Yeah. Mom too, and my sister. Just me now."
Connie: "Sorry."

6/4
Pete: "I'm better off. So are they, I guess."

6/5
Connie: "So are we in hell, Pete?"
Pete: "Nah. We're in Austin."

6/6
Connie: "It's not the same thing?"
Pete: "Not even close."

END

No comments:

Post a Comment